In 2009, I did a thing. I bought a nice camera with a tax refund + then created a business out of that purchase. Well, okay, maybe I didn’t know I was going to start a business BUT, it totally kind of happened that way.
I’m 100% self-taught, unless you count Youtube + Google, I actually went to school to be an “Art Therapist” + not a photographer!
It didn’t take long for me to fall madly in love with weddings, although it wasn’t an instant love affair, if I’m being honest. Weddings really scared me at first because they’re a one-shot deal, that “we cannot go back + redo this” vibe was definitely intimidating. But, I also learned that I loved to document + I was a sucker for “real moments” + I guess… I was pretty good at it. Seeing moments + capturing authenticity became something I seemed to have a real knack for + thus, I decided to specialize in weddings!
I genuinely love what I do + now, after ten years of being a photographer, I cannot imagine my life without this as my career!
truths about me:
- I’m super deep + maybe a little long-winded. Believe it or not: this section has been condensed…. like, a lot.
- I love iced coffee.
- I also may love it to not actually taste like coffee.
- so, maybe i love creamer + heavy whipping cream?
- my favorite movie is “the breakfast club” + yes, i can recite nearly every line in that movie.
- my favorite tv show is: “the office”.
- i secretly want to write a novel - (or, i did secretly want to write a novel, guess it’s not a secret anymore.)
- i am both an introverted homebody + can also talk to anyone.
- i write down things I am grateful for every day!
- I’m a former night-owl turned early bird!
- i believe that most people are genuinely good + we should be more understanding of one another.
- i believe in paving your own way, thinking for yourself, doing what feels right + not apologizing for being yourself.
- i believe you absolutely should pursue your dreams + do what you love.
Meet My Tribe:
MY FIANCE JACOB:
- MY BIGGEST SUPPORTER.
- ALWAYS MAKES ME LAUGH.
- is going to school for welding certification.
- LOVEs welding, cooking, + video games.
- CAN FIX LITERALLY ANYTHING.
- MISSED HIS CALLING AS A FIVE-STAR CHEF (SERIOUSLY, THE MAN CAN COOK!)
- ALWAYS CARES ABOUT THE WELL-BEING OF OTHERS, IS VERY EMPATHETIC.
- DESCRIBING WORDS: COMPASSIONATE, SUPPORTIVE, FUNNY
My oldest son - gavin:
- is the reason i started photography.
- Has been playing the drums since he was 4, is in reg. + jazz band in school.
- is in gifted + talented classes, skipped 6th grade english + math. smartest kid i know.
- is also on a bowling league.
- loves football - his favorite team is “The Saints” + he plays every Sunday in the full (which, is why mom does not work sundays)
- video games.
- describing words: intelligent, kind, well-mannered.
My daughter - Chloe:
- is possibly my most independent child.
- loves gymnastics + cheer.
- takes piano lessons every friday.
- is snapchat obsessed.
- definitely a girly girl.
- loves to socialize + has a lot of friends!
- loves art, photography, + writing (a girl after my own heart!)
- describing words: independent, beautiful, empathetic
My youngest son - micah:
- is a fiery redhead.
- This boy has personality - he makes me laugh all day with his stubborn temperament.
- loves learning letters + knows most of his alphabet.
- would rather be outside playing than inside any day.
- absolutely adores his older siblings + wakes them up every morning for school.
- describing words: sweet, sassy, tough
I’ve been drawing since I was six + love to draw people most.
If I could visit anywhere in the world, I’d go to India.
My favorite food group is: veggies!
I believe in the Law of Attraction.
I was an only child until I was 16 + raised by my mother + grandparents until the age of 11.
I have a difficult time choosing a side on important topics because I tend to see all sides of a situation + understand varying points of view on singular topics – I’m a super complex thinker + believe that life is never just that black + white, but actually consists of a lot of gray area + that our perceptions are what divides us, but if we changed the way we saw the world – our perceptions could unite us instead.
+ sometimes I’m a little philosophical for no reason. 😉
If you want to know more about me, meet me, or have a conversation about life – let’s grab a coffee + chat! I’m looking so forward to meeting you!
PERSONAL INSTAGRAM | FOLLOW